Home » Dental Implants
State-of-the-art implant technology makes it possible to provide replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth.
If you have a missing tooth or teeth, dental implants may be recommended instead of having the conventional crown and bridgework or dentures.
- Restore the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state.
- Increase comfort by eliminating loose fitting dentures and partial.
- Preserve facial structure by virtually stopping the deterioration of the jaw.
- Make a more natural smile improving appearance and self confidence.
Dental implants look, feel and function like a natural tooth and can be cleaned just like a natural tooth. They do not involve cutting down adjacent teeth and the preservation of bone provide better long term aesthetics.
Inferior tooth supported bridges can suffer from decay if the cement washes out. An implant overcomes this problem thanks to the natural bone growth which embeds around the dental implants.
How it’s done
A gentle surgical procedure is used to replace the root with the implant.
The implant is left for some months to allow the bone to form an ultra strong bond to the implant. Finally, an artificial tooth is custom made to ensure that the implant is the ideal colour, shape and size. Your dental implant replaces the tooth root and provides a stable foundation for a replacement crown. The bone forms a biological bond with the new dental implant giving your new crown the same stable foundation as a natural tooth.
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all of your teeth, implants offer you the option most like your natural teeth. Dental implants can help improve your overall quality of life. The can:
- Help to prevent bone loss
- Allow you to bite and chew naturally
- Allow you to enjoy your favourite foods again
- Help to improve your eating habbits
- Help keep other in position
- Allow you to speak naturally and feel like yourself
- Help you feel more attractive
- Provide a permanent solution for missing teeth
- Simply help you enjoy life to the fullest
The Traditional Option vs. Dental Implants
While a bridge will successfully replace the crown of the missing tooth, it does not replace the root of the tooth.
The consequence of not replacing the root is that bone loss can occur, leaving a dark and unappealing space at the gum line.
The implant acts as a substitute tooth root to transfer forces and help keep the bone healthy.